Availability: Out of stock
A harmonious collection of tranquil lullabies and soothing songs from ancient Asian lands.
Asian Dreamland by Putumayo Kids
Asian Dreamland offers soothing and musically intriguing songs from Japan, Nepal, China, India and even the Republic of Tatarstan. One can hear unique instruments, such as the shamisen, a three-stringed instrument similar to a banjo that came to Japan from China many centuries ago, the erhu, an ancient Chinese instrument whose origins go back more than a thousand years, and the sarode, an Indian instrument that is similar to the violin. Asian Dreamland is perfect for yoga and meditation as well as putting the little ones to sleep.
1. Shang Shang Typhoon - "Moon Boat" - (Japan)
2. Emme - "Dokokade Yoruga Naita" - (Japan)
3. Yoshida Brothers - "Kokoro Ni Dakarete" - (Japan)
4. Zulya - "Cradle Song" - (Russian Federation)
5. Aiko Shimada and Elizabeth Falconer - "Aka Tonbo" - (Japan)
6. Takashi Hirayasu with Chuei Yoshikawa - "Asadoya Yunta" - (Japan)
7. Kelsang Chukie Tethong - "Om Ma Nye Bhe Mae Hum" - (Nepal)
8. Ali Akbar Khan - "Lullaby" - (India)
9. Lei Qiang - "Lullaby" - (China)
10. Rikki - "Amami No Komori Uta" - (Japan)
World music record label Putumayo is committed to helping communities in the countries where the music originates and has contributed more than one million dollars to non-profit organisations around the world.