Availability: Out of stock
Take a calming trip around the globe with these relaxing songs, from Mali to Nepal and beyond, on this world music CD.
World Yoga by Putumayo World Music
Yoga is universal. Throughout the world, people of all ages and backgrounds are practising yoga to relax and rejuvenate, and musicians are creating music to accompany it. Drawing on contemplative sounds from Wales to Tibet and Armenia to Uganda, this collection leads listeners to deeper relaxation. With an engaging balance of more traditional yoga sounds—mantra-based pieces with Indian elements—and unexpected acoustic gems from Africa and beyond, World Yoga reflects the practice’s planetary impact and grace.
1. Sona Jobarteh - "Reflections" - (Gambia/UK)
2. Quentin Dujardin - "1977" - (Belgium)
3. Deva Premal & Miten - "Om Asatoma" - (Germany/UK)
4. Mirabai Ceiba - "Ong Namo (Putumayo Version)" - (USA/Mexico/Germany)
5. DJ Drez - "Floating Sweetness" - (USA)
6. 9Bach - "Cariad Cyntaf" - (United Kingdom)
7. Sona Jobarteh - "Saya" - (Gambia/UK)
8. Stevin McNamara - "Moon Magic (Chandra) (Part 2 Gat)" - (South Africa/USA)
9. Balla Tounkara - "Yarabi" - (Mali)
10. Sara Tavares - "Exala" - (Portugal)
11. Sean Johnson & The Wild Lotus Band - "Ramachandra" - (USA)
12. Ara Dinkjian - "Offering" - (Armenia/USA)
13. Geoffrey Oryema - "Makambo" - (Uganda/France)
14. Kelsang Chukie Tethong - "A Prayer to Dispel Sickness and Harms" - (Tibet/Nepal)
15. Tiny Island - "Le Valse Petit" - (Sweden)
World music record label Putumayo is committed to helping communities in the countries where the music originates and have contributed more than one million dollars to non-profit organisations around the world.