Please place your Christmas order before Friday 20th December
We will try our best to get anything later than this out to you quickly, but it's not likely to arrive before the 25th
Are you up for a new project?
Time to get everyone involved in the 90kg Rice Challenge!
A farmer in Malawi can afford to send ONE child to school for ONE year, if they can sell 90kg of Kilombero Rice.
This is a great opportunity to promote global citizenship, and fair trade outside of Fairtrade Fortnight.
- Pupils have an achievable goal: selling 90kg of rice! This can be done at a whole school level, by one class or by different groups.
- The challenge quantifies the benefits of fair trade: this is what a farmer has to grow to pay for one of his children to go to school; this is what we have to do to support him in that task.
- It shows how we can help to empower farmers: creating reliable markets for smallholder farmers where they can get fair prices means they can develop their farms, work their way out of poverty and help to build up the prosperity of their country.
- It shows pupils how they can make a difference and so empowers them
- It creates a link between the pupils and the farmers who they are supporting.
Contact the JTS warehouse on 0141 255 0901 or email email@example.com to show your interest!
Once you've got the 90 bags of rice - it’s time to get creative! Groups have sold the rice through curry nights, stalls, and various other Fairtrade events!
If you're worried about not being able to sell the full 90kg, you can also take orders first and then order the rice, so that you only receive what you need.
The total cost to you is £270 * but the rice is shipped with no upfront costs allowing you to have your event up to 30 days before payment is due. With the rice (which comes in 1kg bags) you will also receive:
- Information sheets
- A PowerPoint presentation about the farmers
- Videos of interviews with the farmers
- Leaflets, posters and a countdown poster
- Recipe ideas
* Carriage terms may be different for Scottish Islands