Availability: Out of stock
Traditional Indian flavors meet electronica on this fascinating spicy musical masala!
Indian Groove by Putumayo World Music
Many in the West have been fascinated with Indian music ever since Ravi Shankar played his sitar at the seminal Monterey Pop Festival in 1967. While that event introduced many Westerners to the beauty and complex riches of Indian classical music, the popular music of the subcontinent had long been familiar to viewers of Bollywood films. These days, the sounds of India are instantly recognizable and increasingly influential. Instruments like the sitar and Bollywood song samples have appeared in everything from Shania Twain country albums to Jay-Z hip hop hits. This collection explores the panorama of contemporary Indian music featuring Indian pop and film stars, second generation South Asians living in London and Montreal, European and Caribbean fusionists and yoga instructor/musicians from California.
1. Kailash Kher & Kailasa - Turiya Turiya (India)
2. Ayushmann Khurrana - Pani Da Rang (Male) (India)
3. Prem Joshua & Chintan - Tumhaari Maya (Germany)
4. Mungal Patasar & Pantar - Anjali (Trinidad)
5. Niraj Chag ft. Japjit Kaur - Baavaria (Remix) (England/India)
6. Prem Joshua & Chintan - Ya Devi Sarva (Germany)
7. The Bilz - Balle Balle (Canada)
8. MC Yogi - Be the Change (Bollywood Dub Omstrumental) (USA)
9. Niraj Chag ft. Japjit Kaur - Rang Diya (England/India)
10. Black Bombay - Revelation - Dub (Italy)
World music record label Putumayo is committed to helping communities in the countries where the music originates and has contributed more than one million dollars to non-profit organisations around the world.