Availability: In stock
The spirit of Louisiana captured in sizzling soul, blues and R&B.
Louisiana Gumbo by Putumayo World Music
Louisiana Gumbo focuses on the soul, R&B and blues that has served as a foundation for much of America's popular music today. An entrancing blend of old and new, household names and lost legends, it creates an aural image of the humid, funky groove of Southern Louisiana where marshes and bayous mark the landscape in the Mississippi Delta. This humid, fecund setting has acted like a cultural petri dish, as African, Caribbean, French, and Spanish have fused and transformed into one of the most culturally rich and unique regions of the United States.
1. Charles Sheffield - It's Your Voodoo Working - (USA)
2. Carol Fran and Clarence Hollimon - "Door Poppin'" - (USA)
3. James Booker - "African Gumbo" - (USA)
4. Clifton Chenier - "Ti Na Na" - (USA)
5. Johnny Adams - "It Ain't the Same Thing" - (USA)
6. Lynn August - "Lead Me On" - (USA)
7. The Neville Brothers - "Voodoo" - (USA)
8. Eddie Bo - "Piano Roll" - (USA)
9. Rockin' Dopsie, Jr. and the Zydeco Twisters - "I'm Coming Home"- (USA)
10. Rockie Charles - "Festis Believe in Justice" - (USA)
11. Percy Mayfield - "Louisiana" - (USA)
12. Snooks Eaglin - "Nine Pound Steel" - (USA)
World music record label Putumayo is committed to helping communities in the countries where the music originates and has contributed more than one million dollars to non-profit organisations around the world.