Availability: Out of stock
A soothing collection of songs for yoga, meditation and relaxation.
Yoga by Putumayo World Music
Yoga features songs selected to accompany yoga practice and serve as a relaxing soundtrack for daily life. Rooted in ancient Hindu, Buddhist and Jain traditions, the practice of yoga has evolved over the past 5,000 years. Adopted by millions of people around the world, yoga provides a vehicle for greater health and spiritual awareness. Music has long had a close relationship with yoga, particularly in the Bhakti tradition, which incorporates musical chants into its practice.
1. The Lucknow Project - "Ghungate Ke" - (India)
2. Sean Johnson & The Wild Lotus Band - "Om Hari Om/Sharanam Ganesha (Refuge)" - (USA)
3. Shantala - "Purnamadah" - (India)
4. Wah! - "Bolo Ram" - (USA)
5. Ben Leinbach & Geoffrey Gordon - "Cerulean" - (USA)
6. Karnamrita Dasi - "Devaki" - (USA)
7. Niraj Chag - "Bangles" - (India)
8. Amounsulu - "El Bosque Eterno de los Niños" - (Costa Rica)
9. Gaura Vani & As Kindred Spirits - "Moods Of Kirtan" - (Costa Rica)
10. Susheela Raman - "O Rama" - (India)
11. Krishna Das - "Hanuman Baba" - (USA)
12. Ablaye Cissoko & Volker Goetze - "Sira" - (Senegal)
13. Lama Gyurme & Jean Philippe Rykiel - "Offering Chant" - (China)
14. Yogini - "Bliss" - (Sweden)
World music record label Putumayo is committed to helping communities in the countries where the music originates and has contributed more than one million dollars to non-profit organisations around the world.